- 4 Ounce(s) Dried Cannellini beans, soaked 8-10 hours in plenty of water
- 1/4 Cup(s) OMG! Herbes De Provence Olive Oil
- 1 Cup(s) Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Large Leek
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 Cup(s) Water
- 1 Smoked Ham Hock
- 6 Ounce(s) Red Potatoes, diced
- 6 Ounce(s) Turnip, diced
- 1 Large Carrot
- 4 Ounce(s) Savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Vegetable Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Step 1.In a large pot, warm Vegetable Oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add leek and garlic and cook an additional minute until fragrant.
Step 2.Add beans and water to the pot. Nestle in the ham hock. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer about 30 to 45 minutes until the beans are just tender.
Step 3.Add the potatoes, turnip, carrot, and cabbage to the pot. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Cover and continue to simmer an additional 20 to 30 minutes until the beans are soft and the soup has thickened slightly.
Step 4.Remove the ham hock and shred the meat. Return the meat to the pot along with OMG! Herbes De Provence Olive Oil. Stir to combine.
Serve with toasted bread.